5 Must Do Things in Juneau
Juneau is an amazing city with a lot to offer a visitor. Whether you’re here for a few hours or a few days, the many options can be overwhelming. Our food tour was designed to allow additional time for our guests to enjoy activities before or after the tour. Here are a few of our favorites:
1) Whale Watching. Whale watching in Juneau is absolutely spectacular. Whales come from Hawaii to feed for the summer. A whale watching trip is usually three hours, which is a perfect fit for before or after the Tour with Taste.
2) Mendenhall Glacier. The glacier is a sight one should not miss. Nowhere else can you get to a glacier in a quick 20-minute ride. The Mendenhall Lake, which is located in front of the glacier, typically has numerous icebergs and often one will see kayakers paddling about. We definitely recommend stopping in the visitor center there and taking the short walk to the beautiful Nugget Falls.
3) Sport fishing. Juneau offers fantastic sport fishing. We have five species of Pacific salmon as well as delicious halibut and cod. Fishing trips can be schedule for four hours, which works great as an add-on excursion to our tour.
4) Mt. Roberts Tramway. Rain or shine, the tramway is a wonderful experience. The tram goes up about 1800 feet, which is mid-way up the mountain. If you’re looking to walk off some of that delicious food from our tour, you can tackle the many trails at the top. Enjoy the view; visit Lady Baltimore, the resident bald eagle; watch the totem pole carver at work; and take in the award-winning film, “Seeing Daylight.”
5) Enjoy the view. Take a moment to walk around downtown, enjoy the view and scenery. Alaska’s capital city has the ocean on the west and the mountains on the east. No matter where you are, the view is pretty phenomenal.
The list could go on and on, but we thought highlighting a few of the extraordinary things to do in Juneau might be helpful when planning your trip here. The Tour with Taste is an excellent way to begin your day and to get familiar with Juneau, its culture, and its history. To view a schedule of available tours, please go here.