I’ve been asked a lot lately why someone should go on a food or culinary tour. My first thought is why not? In an effort to not sound rude or terse, I gave this question some serious thought. Why an Alaskan food tour? Below are several reasons why a food tour – particularly a Juneau Food Tours tour– is a great choice.
- If you love food, you’ll love this tour. More than 90% of the tour is eating and talking about the food. The tour does include some walking, history, and cultural information, but the focus is on the food.
- Alaskan food is the best. The seafood here is some of the finest in the world. We dine on salmon caviar, king crab bisque, Alaskan cod tacos, and other delicious culinary options.
- Juneau is Alaska’s capital city and is as rich in history and culture as it is food. There is so much to see and do here. However, everything is close together, so the walk is just about a mile.
- The tour is only 2.5 hours. We designed the tour to accommodate day visitors so that they can spend time enjoying the many other attractions and tours Juneau offers.
- Eat like a local. Each tasting location was handpicked by me so that guests can experience where we locals eat daily. As a food columnist and blogger, I enjoy sharing new restaurants and ideas about the food available in Juneau and Southeast Alaska. I chose these locations because they are where I would take my friends and family visiting Juneau. We have only two fast food restaurants and neither are on the tour. Guests will be dining on real Alaskan food from real Alaskans.
These are just a few highlights of the Juneau Food Tours dining tour. For more information, or to book your trip, please click here.
Wishing you happy eating,
Owner, Juneau Food Tours
A Tour with Taste